- Are you struggling to improve your psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, acne or other skin condition?
- Or are you simply looking for a way to non invasively and painlessly rejuvenate your skin , because it’s dull, lines are appearing or you’re looking more tired and aged.
The human skin is an amazing organ. And like all organs of our body it has multiple important functions and it interacts with every other part of us.
Your skin’s function may be affected by :
- Your lifestyle
- Your diet
- Your hormone levels
- The medicine and supplements you take
- Your allergies and food sensitivities
- What you apply to your skin
- Substances that come into contact with your skin
- Your sun exposure
- Your genetics
- Your intestinal flora
- Your age
As you can see due to this array of variables being involved and your unique situation it’s unlikely that you will find a magic bullet, but with a multi- prong approach and a desire to treat the cause, help is at hand.
I have professionally been treating skin and enhancing its function since graduating as a Naturopath in 1993. Using functional pathology testing to try and find the cause. Utilising evidence based – supplements like specific pro-biotics, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and western herbal medicines along with dietary and lifestyle changes.
As an Acupuncturist I have also completed further studies in Cosmetic Acupuncture. Acupuncture is another way to again treat the skin and create physiological change. I use low level laser to stimulate the Acupuncture points instead of needles, and it’s completely painless.
The three modalities I’m trained in ; Naturopathy, Acupuncture and Dermal Therapies have all given me a unique view of the skin and its ability to repair and regenerate when the correct techniques are applied.
Joseph Ferraro is an experienced and registered practitioner with AHPRA and a member of ATMS.